The Mystery of the Cookie Crook is the second half of the first episode of season 2 of VeggieTales Kids.
Major Characters Edit
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Bob the Tomato's dad
- Larry the Cucumber's mom
- Mr. Lunt
Minor Characters Edit
- Mr. Nezzer
- Pa Grape
- Jimmy Gourd
- Jerry Gourd
- Junior Asparagus
- Laura Carrot
- Archibald Asparagus
- Madame Blueberry
Bob the Tomato's birthday is today, and he can't wan't to have all 3 of his cookies. Suddenly, a hand takes his cookies. Bob the Tomato wonders where the cookies wen't, and then screams when he realizes his cookies were stolen, then starts crying uncontrollably. Bob the Tomato's dad comes in and asks him what's wrong, and Bob the Tomato tells him that his cookies were stolen, and Larry the Cucumber's mom arrives with Mr. Lunt, telling Bob that luckily Mr. Lunt knows how to track down who took Bob's cookies, and that whoever took his cookies will be grounded by him and Pa Grape for a month. They decide to go for a mystery search and first stop at Larry's house. Mr. Lunt asks Larry if he took Bob's cookies, and Larry answers no. Larry asks if he can come with them to the scavenger hunt, and Bob allows him. Then, they stop at Jimmy and Jerry Gourd's house, and Mr. Lunt asks them if they took the cookies, and Jimmy and Jerry answer no. Then, they stop at Junior Asparagus' house and Mr. Lunt asks him if he took the cookies. Junior answers no. Then, they stop at Laura Carrot's house, and Mr. Lunt asks her if she took the cookies. Laura answers no. Then they stop at Archibald Asparagus' house and Mr. Lunt asks him if he took the cookies. Archibald answers no. Then they go back to Bob's house, where Madame Blueberry is at, and Mr. Lunt asks her if she took the cookies. Madame Blueberry answers no. Finally, they stop at Mr. Nezzer's house, where he, Mr. Lunt and Pa Grape live, and ask Mr. Nezzer if he took the cookies, and Mr. Nezzer dramatically answers yes. He was the one that took the cookies and hid them. Mr. Lunt gives Mr. Nezzer a stern talking to that stealing is wrong. He also tells him that he's lucky he's not going to juvenile this time, but the next time he steals something, he's going to juvenile. Mr. Lunt and Pa Grape both punish Mr. Nezzer by telling him that he will give the cookies back to Bob the Tomato, and then apologize to him for stealing the cookies. Mr. Nezzer finally finds the cookies he stole from Bob, and gives them back to him. Mr. Nezzer apologizes to Bob for taking the cookies, and Bob the Tomato accepts his apology, but the next time he takes stuff, he should always ask permission beforehand, and his dad agrees with Bob's plan. Then, Mr., Nezzer wishes Bob to have the best birthday ever. Music plays, Bob blows out the candles, and opens his presents. Bob tells everyone that this is the best birthday he's ever had, and laughs with everyone else as the episode fades out.
- Bob the Tomato's cookies would later get stolen in the VeggieTales In The City episode The Cookie Caper. Except in The Cookie Caper, Bob is voiced by Phil Vischer, while in The Mystery of the Cookie Crook, he is voiced by Michael Yarmush.
- Bob the Tomato would also cry uncontrollably later on after his cookies are stolen in The Cookie Caper.
- Bob the Tomato asking "Where did all the cookies go?" is recycled audio of Arthur Read near the end of the Arthur episode The Half Baked Sale.
- This is the first VeggieTales Kids episode that teaches a lesson about stealing. The next episode that teaches that lesson is Stealing Is Wrong.
- The sound of Bob the Tomato crying was recycled audio of Arthur Read crying from the Arthur episode I'd Rather Read It Myself during one of D.W.'s stories.
- The sound of Bob the Tomato screaming was recycled audio of Arthur Read screaming in some Arthur episodes like The Rat Who Came to Dinner.