The Bad Stomachache is the second half of the seventh episode of season 5 of VeggieTales Kids.
Major Characters Edit
- Mr. Lunt
- Pa Grape
- Junior Asparagus
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Laura Carrot
- Jimmy Gourd
- Jerry Gourd
- Bob the Tomato's dad
- Larry the Cucumber's grandfather
- Larry the Cucumber's dad
Minor Characters Edit
- Mr. Nezzer's doctor
Bob the Tomato's and Larry the Cucumber's dad wake Bob and Larry up. and tells them they will be going to Mr. Lunt's house because his birthday is today. Bob's dad drives him to Mr. Lunt's house, and Mr. Lunt welcomes everyone because it's his birthday. Because it's his birthday, he will have some donuts. He plans to eat 100 of then. Pa Grape doesn't think it's a good idea. But Mr. Lunt decides to reach the goal, but once he eats 10 donuts, he has a severe heartburn and he gets rushed to the hospital. Mr. Nezzer's doctor tells Mr. Lunt that he has type 2 diabetes from eating too many donuts, and he also has gastroesophageal reflux disease, which caused him to have heartburn. The doctor tells him to try to limit eating donuts by only eating 2 donuts from time to time instead of 10 donuts all at once, otherwise, he could have been in trouble with blood sugar. Back at Mr. Lunt's house, Mr. Lunt is listening to Phil Harris albums to help distract his stomachache, but it does no good. He then tries watching television, but that doesn't work. Mr. Lunt evcentually begins crying in pain because he can't bare the stomach ache anymore. Larry the Cucumber wonders what he can do to make Mr. Lunt feel better, and Mr. Lunt answers that the only thing that will make him feel better is if he goes to sleep early. Larry the Cucumber's dad thinks it's a great idea, but a few hours later, the stomachache disappears. and he has a great birthday after all. He opens his presents and Pa Grape is really happy that Mr. Lunt's stomachache is gone. Pa Grape blows up balloons and Bob the Tomato eats 2 donuts. He is also really proud of Mr. Lunt for being very brave and overcoming his stomachache. Everyone laughs, and then the episode fades out.
- This is the second time where a character gets diabetes. The first time this happens is Mr. Nezzer, the Diabetic.
- The background music at the end of the episode is once again the same one from the end of the Clifford the Big Red Dog episode, Cleo's Valentine Surprise.
- The CD playing in the background is Phil Harris: His Original and Greatest Hits.
- In this episode, which followed the episode Madame Blueberry's Predicament, the Sesame Workshop red roof purple house logo is in a lower pitch. This also happens in Grandpa George's Grandson/Jack O' Lantern Crisis, No Such Luck/Silly Songs with Larry (episode), Jerry's Halloween (TV special) Jimmy's Puppy/Jerry's Television Obsession, A Very Kooky Halloween, The Big Math Test/Tuba or Not Tuba, and The Blizzard/ Bob's Sing Along Show.